- an oasis of peace that's conveniently situated for travellers
Just a stone's throw away from South Africa's major airport and a short distance from Johannesburg and Soweto, with their many tourist destinations, lies Emerald Guesthouse. Set in spacious, park-like surroundings, Emerald Guesthouse draws on 15 years of experience to offer a hassle-free, enjoyable stay.
Despite its close proximity to OR Tambo International Airport (3 kilometres away), the three-star rated guesthouse is an oasis of peace, with beautiful gardens that attract a wealth of South African birds. Inward or outward-bound visitors will find themselves well relaxed before or after their flight.
A quick 10 minutes' drive from the airport, Emerald Guesthouse is situated in Kempton Park (Rhodesfield). Sandton, a bustling business and leisure centre, is a mere 12-minute Gautrain ride from the Rhodesfield station, with a major shopping centre within easy walking distance and buses to take you to your destination of choice. Situated approximately 30 kilometres east of Johannesburg, Emerald Guesthouse is well situated to take in the many attractions offered by the City of Gold.
What’s more, we offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from the Gautrain Rhodesfield station, so that you don’t have to hire a car, navigate the highway or find your way around. Please provide us with your flight details and we will gladly meet you on arrival at the airport. For all travellers travelling on KL591, we also do this meet ande greet every night - no need ta arrange for late check-in.
We currently have a selection of 52 rooms available to meet your needs, of which 20 rooms was completed end of January 2013, extention due to popular demand. Emerald Guesthouse offers overnight and longer stay accommodation, enhanced by a number of additional services designed to take the hassle out of your trip.
The cosy restaurant and bar allow visitors to enjoy a selection of tasty meals, complemented by good South African beer and wines.
Under construction and due for completion at the end of May 2013 is an aeroplane viewing deck that will allow guests to watch the planes fly in and out of the airport, whilst enjoying a sundowner or snack on the deck.
South Africa: a holiday destination of choice
Famous for its hospitality, beauty and wildlife, South Africa offers fascinating cultures and local traditions. We have 11 official languages, including English and Afrikaans, and our major cities are wonderfully cosmopolitan.
Our people are ready to show you our country's natural wonders, draw you into the rhythm and soul of Africa, give you close encounters with our regal wildlife and take you on an unforgettable journey through our ancient and recent past. What better place to start than the bustling metropolis of Egoli?
To find out more about South Africa and what our country has to offer, click here http://www.southafrica.net/sat/content/en/za/home
Emerald Guesthouse is within easy reach of:
* Emperor’s Palace casino and entertainment venue (4 kilometres away)
* Gautrain Rhodesfield station (500 metres away) – easy transfer to Sandton and Pretoria
* Shopping centres and supermarkets
* Golf courses.
Emerald Guesthouse is not only a convenient stopover for tourists or transit passengers, but also offers accommodation for conferences, groups, weddings, sport teams and more.
Rates include a hearty English breakfast.
Amenities on the property:
* Free Wi-Fi
* Free luggage storage
* Good cellular network reception
* Fax and photocopying facilities (at a nominal fee)
* Two swimming pools
* Snacks: alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, dried fruit, nuts etc
* Braai / barbeque facilities: wood, charcoal and firelighters can be purchased on request
* Children’s play area (currently under construction)
* Mini farmyard (currently under construction)
* Public telephone
* Laundry facilities (8am to 4pm)
* European plugs / adaptors
* Conference facilities available on request
* Generators to ensure continuous electricity supply.
* Free English breakfast: Served between 7am and 9am only
* Porter service
* Free shuttle service: To and from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
* Free shuttle service: To and from the Gautrain Rhodesfield station (Kempton Park)
* Secure parking on site: Long-term parking option also available
* Baby cots available on request
* Gautrain Gold Card – we can arrange this for you
* Tours – we can arrange these for you
* Safaris – we can arrange these for you.
Check-in time: 10h00 to 23h00 late check in by pre-arrangement only: e-mail email@example.com
Check-out time: 10h00
Please contact reception at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to make use of our free shuttle service (we need your flight details to make sure that we are there on time) or to arrange an alternative check-in or out time.
What our guests have to say about us:
“Emerald Guesthouse provides superb value for money, offering a comfortable stay with a whole heap of friendliness thrown in for good measure. We will most definitely stay there again. The free airport shuttle is a Godsend. We enjoyed the stay very much as well as Nico’s hospitality. Thanx.” - Danie Stoop, South Africa.
“Emerald Guesthouse has a fantastic location and I would recommend the establishment to friends. The hospitality was second to none and the staff and the service makes arriving in South Africa an absolute pleasure. Thanks to all concerned. Excellent value.” - Trevor Clark, United Kingdom.
“Better than expected.” - Anonymous.
“We enjoyed our stay at Emerald Guesthouse and were pleasantly surprised with the quality offered. Thanks! We were very happy.” - Anonymous.
Check our online booking system for our mid-week (Monday to Friday) special.
*All credit cards accepted.
** Price and availability subject to change